The following student appearance expectations must be adhered to by all students at all times:
- A student's hair needs to be clean and tidy - short enough to ensure it does not touch his shirt collar
- Hair should be no shorter than a number 2 and should not be long enough to be tied up in any form
- The student's fringe should be short enough to ensure hair is kept out of his eyes when combed straight down
- Natural hair colour must be maintained (no dyed hair)
- Plaits, braids, spikes, side shavings and long fringes are not permitted
- Sideburns must not extend beyond the earlobe
- All students must be clean shaven
- Tattoos are not permitted
- Body piercing is not permitted
Shoes must be black, leather lace-up only. No suede, designed, rimmed or slip-on shoes are allowed. Shoes must be clean and polished at all times.
The School Uniform Centre (553 Remuera Road) stocks a full range of McKinlays shoes; Sacred Heart families are entitled to a 10% discount on presentation of a voucher which can be obtained from the Uniform Shop.