At Sacred Heart College, we cultivate a nurturing learning environment where students feel empowered, supported and motivated to reach their full potential, ensuring the learning needs of all students are met.
Following the principles of inclusiveness and the Universal Design for Learning framework, we use creative and innovative tools and strategies to navigate the learning needs of each of our students, whether that be extra learning needs, language barriers or extension learning.
Our learning support services are available to every student at Sacred Heart. Some students may require one-off support interventions, and others may have a long-term need and will use the service throughout their entire time at the College. In every case, support is provided so students can gradually withdraw from the assistance as their independence and confidence grow.
The Learning Support team can offer the following support services:
- Individualised academic assessments
- In-classroom support for teachers and students
- Structured Literacy tutoring
- Numeracy Skills tutoring
- Digital learning tools
- Individualised education planning
- Student One Plans with recommendations for teachers
- Study skills and time management
- Support in planning assignments and exam tips
- Transition plans for new students
- Professional Development for teachers
- Provision of special exam conditions (Junior students)
- Special Assessment Conditions (NCEA)
- Liaison with Deans, Counsellors and specialists
The Learning Support Centre is located in Rooms 13 to 19 in the lower quad.